Sunday, May 3, 2015

Module 5. Avatar.

For the avatar the concept art was the hardest for me cause I can not draw worth anything.
I thought id draw small parts to get an idea of what i wanted the overall look to be, I drew head shapes. Then moved onto skin patterns to give me an idea to work with when i went to photoshop everything. Sorry if they are shaky they were all drawn while on bus.






 The Fist head image(left) was a consideration for curled horns from a front view, The second ( middle) i thought of a more alien looking image with a protruding spine and relocated eyes. One on the elongated head the other on the forehead. The last (right) was a mix, I added fins to the bottom of the skull and a tail like horn to the back with softer hair like protrusions to the top. I also made the eyes broader to take up more of the face.

The tattoo patterns from left to right. The first was a curved striped pattern. I thought of patches all over the body similar to this. The second was the idea of a centralized spiral pattern either starting from the chest cavity or the back. The third was a continous sort of camo idea. I considered vertical patterns similar to seaweed or grass growing. The last was the consideration for a gradient based pattern. Dark towards center and spreading out getting lighter as it went.
The very bottom was a joke face i considered if I were going to make the avatar fully aquatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment