Sunday, May 3, 2015

Module 3: Awareness Concept.

At first my awareness concept was centered around unhealthy eating habits or obesity. I tried to draw a similarity to eating badly to not eating at all. The reaper scythe was supposed to show that death sees both the same way.



Then i considered it may be hard to get 2 separate photos of people one being obese the other emaciated and making them fit perfectly together. So i decided to go with a more no directly person oriented. Since their are alot of larger people who are healthy and i doubt want pictures of things targeting them. I figure the more important issue was the food itself that people choose. So i focused on showing a comparison similar to above of choose fast food/ Microwaved food and fatty food to eating nothing. The hour glass in the middle was sort of a
" Doesn't matter which table you eat at, when the meals over it is all over".
I am not a very good artist so drawing a ton of food wasn't gonna be easy to I just drew quick examples.




Then after some deliberation I decided I should go with something close to me since it has had an affect on my life and thus I went with Black Lives Matter.
 The above image was supposed to be a representation of the horror of ending lives early. The top was supposed to be like an elementary school year book. Showing the faces of students and listing below what they want to be when they grow up. This middle black child wanted to be a doctor. The right child a police officer. The left a fire fighter. The bottom depicts their adult forms. The left becomes firefighter. The middle shows an image of a grave and the right was supposed to be an felon holding up his ID number for arrest picture. I decided the felon would be the cop not because i beleive all cops are bad but to get the most impact from the image in one given shot. Change happens with shock and outrage.


This image was about how black lives are 20% more likely to be sacrificed. The top shows many people against a dart board with scores. The bottom was several people with 1/5th having targets on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment